Everything you need to know about cost of hockey!
U7 fee for 2022-23 is $300 - they are on the ice twice a week. ($500 - $200 ticket seller discount)
U9-18 fee is $450. ($650 - $200 ticket seller discount)
They are on the ice three or more times a week.
NEw to hockey players will be provided with gear.
U11-U18 players selected for a rep team pay an additional $200 rep fee to cover costs of longer games, exclusive practice times, league scheduling fees.
Payments can be made in installments:
First payment of $225 is due at time of registration or by September 30.
Second payment of $225 is due by October 31.
Rep fee $200 (if applicable) is due by November 30. Ticket opt out $200 also due by Nov 30.
DISCOUNTS AND ASSISTANCE:
1. Goalies in U9 and U11 will be provided gear. If goalies have their own gear, they are eligible for a $150 rebate.
2. Families with three children in Blizzard don't pay registration fee for the youngest child. Register her, and the rebate will be applied to your account after registration.
3. Jersey deposits ($75) are assessed to player accounts. Jerseys are returned after each season.
Players pay for team socks ($20-25) which they keep, a re-useable name bar for the back of their jersey ($15) and a tracksuit or other Blizzard apparel if so desired.
4. All Blizzard players participate in the even split program either by selling the minimum 400 tickets or by paying the opt out fee of $200.
More than 90 per cent of Blizzard players choose to sell tickets and the average player earns over $500 to offset fees or pay for equipment.
If a player is opting out of ticket sales, the $200 fee is due at registration and must be received no later than November 30.
5. Parents can earn money to offset fees by working the Sunday ticket draws. Workers are paid $40 per draw into their player's account. Draws are every Sunday during hockey season between Noon and 3 pm. 25 draws x $40 = $1000.
6. Several financial assistance programs are available for low income players. We can assist with your application. You need your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment and the receipt from your Blizzard registration. More about financial assistance here: https://www.capebretonblizzard.ca/l/50/Cape-Breton-Blizzard/pages/1790/Financial-Assistance/
Our fundraising tools make hockey affordable for everyone:
A player's family sells 50 tickets weekly and one family member assists at seven ticket draws throughout the season.
Ticket earnings: $312.50 + Worker earnings: $280.00 = Player's $450 fees, $20 socks and $100 tracksuit are all covered.