Blizzard Hockey is part of a fund-raising even split draw with eight partners representing approximately 1,000 players in CBRM. Like and share it here: https://www.facebook.com/CBMinorHockeyPartners/
Players are required to either sell 400 tickets (per family) or opt out of ticket sales for $200.
PRINTABLE DISPLAY SIGNS:
BLACK AND WHITE.jpg
Tickets are available for pick up and drop off on Sundays from Noon to 3:00 pm at Membertou.
The draw is EVERY SUNDAY at Membertou Sport & Wellness Centre.
The first draw of the season for 2021-22 is in late September. Date TBA. There will be approximately 25 weekly draws. You have to have all of your tickets sold by the final draw in March or April (and any unsold tickets turned in).
It is important that all players engage with this opportunity. It not only benefits your personal player account, at 25 cents per ticket sold, but it invests in the overall program like coach development, timekeepers, referees and year end awards and all the other development experiences that make great hockey moments for the kids.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Pick up tickets under your player’s name. Withdraw an amount of tickets that you estimate you will sell. Treat the tickets like money. You are responsible for ALL of your tickets. Any unsold tickets must be turned in before the last draw of the season. Tickets are valued at $1.00.
2. Sell your tickets and collect the funds.
3. Bring the sold tickets and money to Membertou for drop off every Sunday between 12 noon and 3:00 pm before the draw. You can make arrangements for someone else to drop off your tickets if you can’t make it.
4. The sold tickets are attributed to your player’s account. You will be updated throughout the season about your totals and values.
5. Each Blizzard player must sell a minimum of 400 tickets. A player can opt out of ticket sale obligations for a $200 fee at registration. We strongly encourage families to choose the ticket sales route as it enhances the overall draw.
6. If you sell enough to cover your account balance for 2020-21, the remaining can be applied to next year’s registration or sport and educational related costs i.e. summer hockey camps, travel and tournament costs, new equipment, etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to invest in the future of girls hockey in CBRM. Find your regular customer base and get selling!
House Rules of Play
Cape Breton Minor Hockey Partners 50/50 Draw
1. There is one 50/50 prize. The 50/50 prize value will be equal to half the 50/50 ticket sales revenue.
2. Tickets for the 50/50 raffle are priced as follows: 1 paper ticket for $1.00.
3. SMHA will administer the 50/50 draw.
4. Only SMHA and partner teams* will be distributed 50/50 tickets.
5. SMHA will collect and track all monies in a separate bank account for 50/50 revenue.
6. All unsold tickets must be returned at the end of the fundraiser.
7. A valid ticket for any draw is a ticket:
a. issued by SMHA and partners* for the purpose of the 50/50 draw;
b. with the proper name and telephone number on the ticket written in a clear?and concise manner so that it can be easily read;
c. printed by Breton Ability or such other printer so long as one sole printer printed all the tickets; and
d. Is paid for in full.
8. For the mutual protection of lottery license, the organization and the publi c,SMHA has an obligation to ensure that the integrity of the winner selection process is maintained. Therefore, the amount of mandatory ticket sales required by each SMHA partner organization associate CANNOT be entered into a single draw. Tickets must be distributed over the course of the draws.
9. One 50/50 ticket will be drawn randomly by someone not associated with SMHA and/or partner teams. Two other people will be present to witness the draw. The name and ticket number of the winning ticket holder will be posted on the SMHA and team partners Facebook page and website.
10. The winner will be contacted by telephone and given instructions on how to claim his/her prize.
11. The prize draw will be held weekly at the Membertou Health and Wellness Centre, Membertou, NS, starting on October 4, 2020 and each consecutive Sunday thereafter until March 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
12. The winner need not be present to claim his/her prize.
13. There are no refunds on tickets.
*Cape Breton Minor Hockey Partners include: Sydney Steelers MHA, Cape Breton Blizzard FHA, Cape Breton County MHA, Cape Breton Lynx, Cape Breton Jets, Joneljim Cougars, Mitsubishi Rush, Kameron Jr. Miners